Sunday, December 15, 2019

Perfectly Imperfect

Psalm 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

The truth is in a delicate balance with grace. "Everything that you say must be true but not everything that is true must be said," Pastor Groeschel.  Over the years, I've tried to keep the balance between truth and Grace. It's hard. Discernment is needed. I fail more times than I should especially with those closest to me. Yet, I still try to get it right. 

This verse hit me today because  technology is changing how I see this verse. I was starting to make our family's 2019 slideshow. The first pictures of 2019 are family pics we took after my grandmother's funeral. We are smiling in front of my Grammie's red barn. We were celebrating her life but her being gone has been more difficult than I could imagine but you don't see that in my 2019 highlight reel. You also see the same type of picture after Chad's grandmother passed away but you might not recognize Chad's Bell's Palsy or know how much stress he was under at that time.  There are no pics from the hardest days of 2019 and there are no social media posts from the hardest days I've ever faced this year but again not everything that is true must be said. And everything I've posted, is true. Yet putting together a 2019 family slideshow, showed me the biggest moments, the hardest moments aren't captured by a camera but were captured by our hearts. 

When I looked at my social media posts for 2019, although everything I posted was true, there is an aspect of deceit in never posting the bad days. Wanting people to think or believe you are doing great with the highlights but never giving a glimpse into how hard life actually is. I felt convicted to make sure others out there know that the Stone's aren't perfect. We have had our share of rough times this year. Details aren't important but the truth is. And the truth is, we've struggled but the truth is we also stand together even stronger and we celebrate our highlights because they truly do mean more to you when you suffered through some lows together.

As 2019 comes to an end and this decade closes, I can't help but look forward to spending the first few days of 2020 in Miami. I can't help but look forward to a fresh start with our family not because we are perfect but because we are perfectly imperfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment