Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Field

This picture speaks to my heart and brings tears to my eyes! I want to share the Bible verses this field represents to me.

Psalm 126:5 Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy! They weep as they go to plant their seed but they sing as they return with the harvest.

1 Corinthians 3:7 It's not important who does the planting or the watering, what is important is God made the seed grow!

1 Corinthians 3:9 And you are God's field!

Psalm 96:12 Let the field and all that is in it burst out in joy!

I look at this field and I know the tears that got us here. I know the pain. I also know God's faithfulness and I know He created a way when there was no way!

The emotions I feel just looking at this field, are deep rooted in the faith that I have in this season. I am anxious, nervous, I feel unprepared in every way and I have every reason to doubt things won't be any different this year, but way deep, there's faith the size of a mustard seed that says this year is going to be different! And you know what? All you need is mustard seed sized faith! Seeds planted, constant watering, and it is up to God to grow that seed! I am not talking about just winning games, I am talking about winning over people to God!

Tomorrow night we begin our season at home! I honestly don't know if I can keep tears from not streaming down my face. The field gets me emotional!  When I read in scripture, "You are God's field" how can I not look at the football field and not feel a deep love for God and be humbled by His love and His work in our life!

Whether the season brings winning and joy or losses and heartache, my mustard seed of faith will stay rooted and it will grow when God sees fit for it to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment